C is still into Minecraft. Remember my failed attempt at making the Minecraft popsicle pigs? C is asking for something Minecraft again. Again, I turned to my trusted ‘Nerdy Mummies‘ on YouTube for ideas.
Read on to see how we made our gigantic Minecraft Coal Cookie.
This is our final product. It is a really huge coal. It took us close to two weeks to finish it even though we shared it with friends and family as it was too sweet to many of the adults’ liking. However, for the kiddos, they loved it!
- One pkt of Oreos
- Half a stick of butter
- 7.5″ x 5.5″ container or any container to fill the coal
- 150g marshmallows (1/2 a pkt)
- Two butter knives (if parent and child are doing the activity together)
- Kitchen towel
- Tefal pan (non-stick pan)
- Spatula (heat resistant type)
- Two bowls to separate the oreos and its fillings
(time needed: about 1 hour)
I hope you enjoy reading about our steps to making coal cookies. It is really easy to make with the kids and they love eating it. Can’t say that I enjoyed it as much. I felt like I was eating mouthful of sugar one after another. C, on the other hand, came home everyday, asking for his coal cookies!
If you would like to try out some easier cooking activities with your child, read up on my other entries:
- How to make edible jellies with our kiddos
- How to make Banana Popsicle – Quick, easy and yummy!
- My all time favourite – The Duckling Gets A Cookie & C Gets One too!
- One of my all time favourite mummy bloggers is Jill, from Meet the Dubiens. Her Hot Chocolate Dipping Spoons is simply creative, fun and delicious!