If you read my entry on the Essential Oils, you will notice that I use a star-coaster to put my essential oils. This coaster was done as part of our Christmas craft for last year.
I love Christmas. It’s a time when I can do craft things with C. Following up from our Santa Box activity, I got C to paint and create Christmas theme coasters.
- Two used or new coasters. I got mine from IKEA and they were the ones I have been using in the kitchen.
- Invisible tape
- Mod Podge – I got mine from Art Friends
- Acrylic Paint of your choice
- Use a pencil to draw out the shapes that you want on the coasters.
- Use the invisible tape to mark out the areas you want to paint.
- Get the child to paint over the area. C initially wanted the star to be yellow but changed his mind later on. As for the tree, he painted the leaves whereas I painted the truck the following day.
- Leave the coasters out to dry for 24 hours.
- After the coasters have dried, get the child to coat the coaster with a layer of mod podge. C loved this activity as you need not paint in any direction and just need to get the entire coaster filled.
This is a relatively easy activity that we can do with our child. The results are amazing as you can use the coasters after the mod podge has dried.
I keep one of the coasters at work for me to put my coffee cup and water bottle. The other one is used at home to remind C on the things we do. I think it makes him happy to see that we are using things that he has done. (Actually it makes mum happy too!) Haha
Have an awesome week ahead everyone!