Too busy with work yet hoping to cook a meal for the family with the kiddo? I completed this meal within 10 minutes and it cost less than S$15 to feed the three of us.
- Picnic ham (we use about three slices as C loves ham)
- Pizza plus cheese (as shown in picture)
- Chapatti (as shown in picture)
- Leftover chicken from yesterday (optional)
- Cucumber (optional)
- Salad (optional)
- Heat the pan, place one slice of the chapattis on the pan. Heat under low flame for about two minutes. The chapatti will turn from whitewash brown to darker brown.
- Flip to other side. Place all the ingredients.
- Place the chapatti back onto the pan, cover and heat for two minutes under low flame.
- Salad – get child to help you to rinse the salad using a strainer and bowl. We ate only half a packet.
- Last but not least, eating time!!
The most expensive ingredient from this recipe is the pizza plus at $8. The salad is $4. I really like to do this when I have limited time. To ensure we have no wastage for the remaining ingredients, I had ham and pizza plus cheese toasted on bread for breakfast the following day and one pot pasta with salad for dinner. I spent about S$21 for all the ingredients that lasted me for three meals. The chapatti is also a healthier choice and has less carbohydrates as compared to the normal pizza based. All in all, C was happy and we had a hearty meal. That’s all it matters.