I was thinking of what to teach C and thought that I hadn’t done a recap for a while and wondered if I was to pull out the old ‘stuff’, would he be able to recall them? So, in one of those art-sy moods, I decided to draw out the life cycle of the frog and ask C to tell me about it. He amazed me…
- Build on the ability to verbalise the life cycle of the frog
- Reinforce learning by reading out the life cycle of the frog
- Build on listening skills using the key words from the life cycle of the frog
- Life cycle of the frog (You may download my hand drawn picture here or use the other one from visual info here).
- White board, eraser and marker
- Writing paper
- Show the child the picture on the life cycle of the frog.
- Get the child to read the words on the writing paper. Tell the child that he will be listening to the life cycle of the frog. When the child hears any of the word on the paper, he will have to cross out the word.
This is a simple recap activity but C’s memory amazes me. It has been about a month since we last touched on this topic yet he can pretty much remember everything that was taught. I hope all these will come in handy and I’m thankful I have a son who enjoys and bears with my lessons.
Reebit. Reebit. Reebit.