This is a follow-up activity from Learning the letter ‘f’.
Time needed: 15 minutes
- (Beforehand) I cut out one green circle for the body of the frog followed by two smaller white ones for the eyes.
- Told C that we are going to learn about Frogs today and before we begin, let’s make a frog.
- Instructed C to place his palm on another green A4 paper.
- Assisted him in cutting out the hands.
- Used clear glue with a brush end to ‘paint’ the glue onto the various body parts of the frog
- I asked C to refer to the worksheet and see what is missing. He was able to point out that the mouth was missing. He took the marker and drew a smiley mouth.
- When he is done with the drawing, I asked him what is this animal. He was able to verbalise ‘frog’. I instructed him to write the word down on the paper.
We moved on to learning about Patterns, ‘What comes next? Circle it.’