Father’s day is around the corner so I scouted around for ideas online and came upon a few sites that are really amazing:
I particularly loved Crafty Morning so much so that I’m a follower now *wink*
I modified a Father’s Day activity that she did to fit the ability of C.
Time needed: 40 minutes plus cleaning up
- White art and craft paper (A3 size)
- Stamp ink ( assorted colours)
- Acrylic paint (grape and green)
- Scotch magic tape
- Use the magic tape to tape the words you would like to see at the end of the painting (shown above).
- Go crazy on the stamping using the stamp ink. Ensure that the entire paper is covered with the ink.
- When dried, peel off the magic tape.
- Use C’s finger to create a bunch of grapes.
- Drew on the stalk myself.
Done. It’s that simple and easy.
Only problem with this was C kept saying, “Mummy, the ‘you’ is missing.” He couldn’t accept that I’ve written short-form for the ‘you’ as I was afraid there wouldn’t be enough space on the paper. That’s what I love about him at times. Everything has to be precise and right. No more, no less.
We’ll wrap it up and give it to B on Father’s day after 24 hours.